eBikes generally have a wider top tube and a down tube, the stirrups on standard Mac-Ride kit may not be wide enough to fit without interference - So this kit essentially spacers out the Mac-Ride allowing the stirrups to be placed further apart.
The e-bike adapter is a wee kit for use with a standard Mac Ride seat that increases the width of the Mac Ride stirrups to allow the seat to fit on a greater number of e-bikes.
- The width of a Mac Ride seat's stirrups is 70mm; to allow for wiggle room and to ensure Mac Ride's stirrups don't touch your frame, we recommend a max top and down tube width of 60mm or less.
- This adapter offers you an extra 30mm. The width grows from 70 to 100mm, and the recommended width of your top tube and down tube grows from 60mm to 90mm or less.
- It is true that riders use Mac Ride with tube widths that go to 98-99mm. Some put tape or mini grips on the stirrups to protect possible touching between the stirrups and their frame. It is their decision to do so, but it's not recommended.
- Please measure your frame carefully before buying the e-bike adapter to ensure the added width is sufficient to enable Mac Ride to fit on your e-bike! (We can help; if you would like to chat about bike compatibility, please email email@example.com.)
- For packaging, where possible, we will use recycled materials (for ex, yellow envelopes lined with bubble wrap that we have received in the post with the arrival of stock).
- Instructions for installing the e-bike adapter are in the adapter package, and found online.